Bio

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Monday, March 3, 2014

Columns of the Sky: Meteora, Greece

This past weekend, I set off on an adventure to Meteora, Greece. With the forecast of rain, I had little hope for the hiking that had been planned for Saturday and Sunday. Soon after arriving, we found that even a little rain could not hide the beauty that Meteora holds. I was consistently amazed for the next 24 or so hours. 

We stayed at Hostel Meteora which was cheap, clean, and exactly what we were looking for! 



Exploring Theopetra's cave!





 Trying to get Connor to quit smoking. So far our methods are unsuccessful.


 Intense cliff diving!
Just kidding :)







 Celebrating my acceptance into the KU school of design! While I was in the restroom, Ashley told the waiter it was my Birthday so that he would put sparklers in my drink. She's a sneaky roommate, that one.

 Grabbing some treats at Mikel Cafe!


 Mikel Cafe has specialty lattes that have scoops of ice cream in them! 

 "Smile, have a great day… and travel with our flavors all over the world!!

A cup of good coffee is a journey into taste!"




Spending time at one of the beautiful Monasteries was a wonderful experience. The sun warmed our faces as we sat in awe of the views ahead. It was quiet in a way that can't be explained, but more so felt. It brought quite a smile to my face.

 We almost lost some explorers along the way!

 But they survived!




Feeling oh- so ladylike in our borrowed skirts that the Monastery provides for modesty reasons.


I bought this scarf at Gap while I was still in the states and i'm sure that it is the world's largest, coziest scarf.

Before we made our drive back to Athens, I came upon the Greek letters of my sorority, Alpha Sigma Alpha. Another reminder that my sisters are always with me.

The trip was one of my favorites so far. We were surrounded with good company, good vibes, and beautiful landscapes. My family will be in Athens THIS THURSDAY! I can't believe it, but I couldn't be happier. My family and I will head to the Greek Islands of Santorini and Naxos. I will miss a week of school, but for whatever reason I am not too sad about it.

Kisses!
Katie 



No comments:

Post a Comment