Bio

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Ciao from Naples, Italy!

     My first trip to Italy was everything I could have imagined and more. Aurora and I spent five days with her Aunt and Uncle who graciously hosted us in Naples. Our time was spent eating, exploring and relaxing on the balcony. The weather was a beautiful 60-70  degrees all weekend and we took full advantage!

My first gelato experience!

An entire rainbow of espresso choices.


A very American breakfast of pancakes and eggs. Oh how I missed this.

 The excavated site of Ercolano (once under 60 ft of volcanic ash).




The frescos at Ercolano are incredibly well preserved because natural elements weren't able to reach the ash-covered city.



My first Italian pizza. It was love at first sight.


 Our hosts set up an elegant dinner at a restaurant literally built on top of ancient ruins.














 The Fiat 500 that stole my heart. I'll be back for you, love.


Exploring the site on the other side of Mt. Vesuvius: Pompeii.




Mt. Vesuvius erupted so quickly that people were cast in stone before even being woken up. This is a man that was sleeping when the volcano erupted.






 The view of the Amalfi coast while heading to Positano.




 And my favorite part of the trip: Positano!





Aurora and I had such a nice time in Naples and we are thankful that there are people like Don and Dorinda, who welcomed us into their home with open arms. Their hospitality was heart-warming.

I am counting down the days until I return to Italy. Next stops: Rome and Florence.

No comments:

Post a Comment